djay Remote allows you to wirelessly control the addictive features of djay 3 and puts them, literally, into the palm of your hand. It is synchronous 2-ways, giving you the power to work two turntables individually, scratch and cue music in real-time and control high quality effects, looping, skipping and cue points – all from the touch screen of your iPhone.
djay Remote FAQs
- Does djay Remote only work with djay?Yes. You will need to download djay (full or free trial) to your Mac in order to run djay Remote on your iPhone/iPod Touch.
- djay Remote can’t find my Mac. What’s should I do?Make sure your iPhone/iPod Touch is connected to the same local Wi-Fi as the Mac you want to control.
Make sure you are running the newest version of djay (3.1 or later).
- Can I control djay with djay Remote if there is no local Wi-Fi available?Yes. You can always create a local Wi-Fi yourself on your Mac through the Airport menu > Create Network… Then join this network on your iPhone/iPod Touch through Settings > Network.
- Does djay Remote give me access to my iTunes library?Yes. djay Remote gives you full access to all the songs and playlists of the iTunes library on your Mac. You cannot access the iTunes library stored on your iPod touch or iPhone.
- What features of djay can I control with djay Remote?djay Remote mimics djay’s acclaimed interface and gives you instant access to your entire iTunes library and full control over nearly every feature in djay, including scratching, crossfading, Automix, Automix Queue, bpm sync, pitch bend, cue points, eq, volume, looping, skipping.
- Can I control djay’s Automix mode using djay Remote?Yes. You can turn Automix on and off, add/remove songs from Automix Queue, trigger transition to the next song and more.
- Can an unauthorized iPhone or iPod touch user connect to my djay?No. djay uses a secure network connection and will ask you for permission before allowing any device to connect to your djay.